Head of Department of Catalytic Redox Processes
– The physico-chemical foundations of new processes of environmental catalysis, hydrogen energy and valuable product production from renewable raw materials;
– Kinetics and mechanism of heterogeneous catalytic redox reactions with nitrogen oxides, carbon oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, oxygenates;
– Structural-functional design of a novel generation of the catalysts for processes of neutralization of technogenic gas exhausts (СО, NOx, CnHm), hydrocarbon fuel reforming, conversion of “greenhouse” gases (СО2, СН4, N2O), the catalysts for tandem processes of industrially important diene production from C2, C4 (bio)alcohols.
|1982–1986||Junior Research Scientist|
|1988–1999||Senior Research Scientist|
|1999–2000||Leading Research Scientist|
|2000–at present||Head of Department|
– Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Chemical Technology Department (Basic Processes of Chemical Production and Chemical Cybernetics, 1976);
– Postgraduate study without a break from production (Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis) at L.V. Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of NASU (1981);
– Candidate of Chemical Sciences (1982);
– Doctor of Chemical Sciences (1998);
– Professor (2009).
– Prof. E. Angelescu, Bucharest University, Romania, Project COST Action D15/0020 (2001–2002);
– Prof. Dr. Pankaj Das, Dibrugarh University, Assam, India, joint research project (2008–2010);
– Prof. V.O. Sadykov, G.K. Boreskov Institute of Catalysis of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Ukrainian-Russian project of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2006−2007);
– Prof. Stanislaw Dzwigaj, Laboratoire de Réactivité de Surface, Sorbonne Université-CNRS, Paris, France, Cooperation Agreement on the development of zeolite catalysts for redox processes involving NOx, O2, CnHmOz, for tandem processes of valuable product production from renewable raw materials (from 2012).
Total number of publications – more than 340 scientific papers (articles – 190, patents – 21), including:
– Orlyk, S.M.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Larina, O.V.; Soloviev, S.O.; Dzwigaj, S. Bifunctional Zeolite Catalysts of Current Processes: From DeNOx to Tandem Processes for Production of Valuable Compounds. In Zeolites: Advances in Research and Applications; Mahler, A., Ed.; Geology and Mineralogy Research Developments, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2020, 69–110. https://novapublishers.com/shop/zeolites-advances-in-research-and-applications/
– Orlyk, S.M.; Soloviev, S.O.; Kapran, A.Yu.; Kantserova, M.R.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Gubareni, Ie.V. Role of Ceria in Modification of Novel Nanocatalysts for Processes of Hydrogen Production and Environmental Catalysis. In Cerium: Chemical Properties, Applications and Environmental Impact; Chemistry Research and Applications, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2017, 43–100. https://novapublishers.com/shop/cerium-chemical-properties-applications-and-environmental-impact/
– Orlyk, S.M.; Soloviev, S.O.; Kapran, A.Yu.; Kantserova, M.R.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Gubareni, Ie.V. Structure-Functional Design of New Catalysts for Engineering of Productive and Environmental Catalysis Processes. In Advances in Engineering Research; Petrova, V., Ed.; Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2015, 10, 1–52. https://novapublishers.com/shop/advances-in-engineering-research-volume-10/
– Orlyk, S.M.; Myronyuk, T.V.; Boichuk, T.M., Kantserova, M.R. Сobalt and its compounds in oxidation-reduction processes of environmental catalysis. In Cobalt: Occurrence, Uses and Properties; Kobayashi, Y.; Suzuki, H., Ed.; Chemistry Research and Applications, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2013, 101–134. https://novapublishers.com/shop/cobalt-occurrence-uses-and-properties/
– Orlyk, S.M.; Soloviev, S.O. Palladium in Gas-Phase Processes of Environmental Catalysis. In Palladium: Compounds, Production and Applications; Brady, K. M., Ed.; Nova Science Publishers, Inc., 2011, 57–103. http://www.novapublishers.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=17720
– Pyatnytsky, Y.I.; Orlyk, S.M. Kinetics and mechanism of heterogeneous catalytic reactions. Brochure. Kyiv, «Naukovyi Svit», 2009, 46 p.
Identification codes in scientometric databases: Scopus – 6602513303, ResearcherID – AAR-2162-2020, ORCID – 0000-0001-5529-9474.
List of selected publications
1. Orlyk, S.M.; Kantserova, M.R.; Chedryk, V.I.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Balakin, D.Yu.; Millot, Y.; Dzwigaj, S. Influence of Acid–Base Surface Characteristics of GaxSiBEA Zeolites on their Catalytic Properties in the Process of Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Propane to Propylene with Participation of CO2. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2021, 56(6), 387–395. https://doi.org/10.100 7/s11237-021-09667-5
2. Kapran, A.Yu.; Chedryk, V.I.; Alekseenko, L.M.; Orlyk, S.M. Carbonylation of methanol over nickel-copper based supported catalysts. Catal. Letters. 2021, 151(4), 993–1002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10562-020-03368-9
3. Kyriienko, P.I.; Larina, O.V.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M. Catalytic Conversion of Ethanol Into 1,3-Butadiene: Achievements and Prospects: A Review. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2020, 56(4), 213–242. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-020-09654-2
4. Soloviev, S.O.; Gubareni, Ie.V.; Orlyk, S.M. Oxidative Reforming of Methane on Structured Nickel–Alumina Catalysts: A Review. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2018, 54(5), 293–315. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-018-9575-5
5. Kapran, A.Yu.; Orlyk, S.M. Hydrogen Production in Methanol Reforming on Modified Copper–Zinc Catalysts: A Review. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2017, 53(1), 1–16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-017-9495-9
6. Orlyk, S.N. Structural Functional Design of Catalysts for Oxidation–Reduction Processes Involving Alcohols and Hydrocarbons. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2017, 53(5), 315–326. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-017-9531-9
7. Popovych, N.O.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M. Selective Reduction of Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) with Oxygenates and Hydrocarbons over Bifunctional Silver–Alumina Catalysts: A Review. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2016, 52(3), 133–151. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-016-9462-x
8. Orlyk, S.M.; Boichuk, T.M.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Popovych, N.O. Structure-Functional Design of Catalysts for Nitrogen (I), (II) Oxides Reduction. Adsorption Science and Technology. 2015, 33(6–8), 595–600. https://doi.org/10.1260/0263-6174.33.6-8.595
9. Orlyk, S.N., Shashkova, T.K. Effect of the composition and structural and size characteristics of composites based on stabilized zirconia and transition metal (Cu, Co, Ni) oxides on their catalytic properties in methane oxidation reactions. Kinetics and Catalysis. 2014, 55(5) 599–610. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0023158414050140
10. Orlyk, S.N. Design of bifunctional catalysts for nitrogen(I), (II) oxides reduction by C1, C3–C4-hydrocarbons at H2O and SO2 presence. Catal. Today. 2012, 191(1), 79–86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2012.06.017