Department of Porous Substances and Materials
Ukraine, 03028 Kyiv, prosp. Nauky, 31
Tel.: +38 (044) 525 67 71, 38 (096) 758 96 52
– Development of new micro-mesoporous and hierarchical materials based on zeolites for use as catalysts for the transformation of bulk molecules, including renewable raw materials, into valuable chemical compounds;
– Creation of new non-metallic materials based on carbon nitride for use in catalysis (condensation, oxidation, etc.) and photocatalysis (hydrogen evolution);
– Synthesis and characterization of highly porous carbons as adsorbents, carriers and catalysts for reactions of fine organic synthesis.
|2015 – at present||Senior researcher|
|2011 – 2015||Researcher|
|2010 – 2011||Junior researcher|
|2009 – 2010||1st degree engineer|
|2006 – 2009||Postgraduate|
Education and scientific degrees
The Bohdan Khmelnytsky National University of Cherkasy, сhemical department (2006);
Postgraduate study with a break from production at L.V. Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of NASU (2009);
Candidate of Chemical Sciences (Ph.D.) in the specialty 02.00.04 – physical chemistry (2010);
Doctor of Chemical Sciences (Dr.Sc.) in the specialty 02.00.04 – physical chemistry (2020).
– Personal scholarship of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for young scientists -doctors of science (2021);
– Johan Gadolin scholarship, Abo Akademi University, Turku, Finland (2017, 2020);
– The Ukrainian award L’Oréal-UNESCO “For women in science – 2018” (2018);» (2018 р.);
– The award of the President of Ukraine for young scientists (2018);
– Diploma “Kiyanka of the Year" in the nomination “Woman – a scientist of the year 2017" from the Holosiiv district Kyiv City State Administration (2018);
– L.V. Pisarzhevsky scholarship for young scientists and specialists of L.V. Pisarzhevsky Institute of Physical Chemistry NAS of Ukraine (2017);
– Medal of the NAS of Ukraine for young scientists “Talent. Inspiration. Labor" (2017);
– Award of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for young scientists and students of higher educational institutions for the best scientific works (2016);
– Fellowship of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for young scientists (2015-2017);
– Fellowship of the President of Ukraine for young scientists (2009-2010).
– Leader of the grant of the National Research Foundation of Ukraine “New effective zeolite catalysts for environmentally friendly processes of the conversion of renewable raw materials into valuable organic compounds” (2020-2022);;
– Leader of the grant of the NAS of Ukraine for young scientists “New effective nanoscale catalysts for the production of valuable organic compounds from bio raw materials and products of its conversion” (2020-2021);
– Leader of the grant of the NAS of Ukraine for young scientists “Nanostructured catalysts for obtaining of valuable organic renewable compounds via chemical and plasmochemical activation of CO2 and raw materials” (2018-2019);
– Grant of the President of Ukraine for young scientists (2012).
– Prof. D.Yu. Murzin, Laboratory of Industrial Chemistry and Reaction Engineering, Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland;
– Ph.D. S.A. Sergiienko, University of Aveiro, CICECO-Aveiro Institute of Materials, Department of Materials and Ceramics Engineering, Aveiro, Portugal;
– Ph.D. Igor Bezverkhyy, Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire Carnot de Bourgogne, CNRS-Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France.
Total number of publications: chapters in collective monographs – 4, papers – 86, patents – 9.
Identification codes in scientometric databases: Scopus – 55817889500, ResearcherID – R-3794-2017, ORCID – 0000-0001-8767-702X.
1. M. Laluc, R. Barakov, P. Mäki–Arvela, N. Shcherban, D. Y. Murzin. Catalytic activity of hierarchical beta zeolites in the Prins cyclization of (−)-isopulegol with acetone // Appl. Catal. A Gen. 2021, 618, 118131. doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2021.118131
2. N. D. Shcherban, O. A. Diyuk, V. A. Zazhigalov, D. Yu. Murzin. Graphitic carbon nitride as a sustainable catalyst for selective ethanol oxidation // ACS Sust. Chem. Eng. 2021, 9(14), 5128. doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.1c00138
3.. Savela, N. D. Shcherban, M. M. Melander, I. Bezverkhyy, I. L. Simakova, O. Långvik, E. Kholkina, T. Schindler, A. Krauβ, K. Honkala, D. Yu. Murzin, R. Leino. Chemoselective Heterogeneous Iridium Catalyzed Hydrogenation of Cinnamalaniline // Catal. Sci. Technol. 2021, 11, 1481. DOI: 10.1039/D0CY01886D
4. R.. Barakov, N. Shcherban, P. Yaremov, I. Bezverkhyy, J. Cejka, M. Opanasenko. Hierarchical Beta zeolites as catalysts in one-pot three-component cascade Prins–Friedel–Crafts reaction // Green Chem. 2020, 22, 6992. doi.org/10.1039/D0GC01787F
5.R. Barakov, N. Shcherban, P. Yaremov, I. Bezverkhyy, V. Tsyrina, M. Opanasenko. Hierarchical Beta zeolites obtained in concentrated reaction mixtures as catalysts in tetrahydropyranylation of alcohols // Appl. Catal. A Gen. 2020, 594, 117380. doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2019.117380
6. E. Kholkina, P. Mäki-Arvela, C. Lozachmeuer, R. Barakov, N. Shcherban, D. Yu. Murzin. Prins cyclisation of (-)-isopulegol with benzaldehyde over ZSM-5 based micro-mesoporous catalysts for production of pharmaceuticals // Chinese J. Catal. 2019, 40(11), 1713. DOI: S1872-2067(19)63305-X.
7. P. S. Yaremov, N. D. Shcherban, A. Aho, D. Yu. Murzin. Molecular insight on unusually high specific hydrogen adsorption over silicon carbide // Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 2019, 44(12), 6074. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2019.01.081
8. N. D. Shcherban, P. Mäki-Arvela, A. Aho, S. A. Sergiienko, P. S. Yaremov, K. Eränen, D. Yu. Murzin. Melamine-derived graphitic carbon nitride as a new effective metal-free catalyst for Knoevenagel condensation of benzaldehyde with ethylcyanoacetate // Catal. Sci. Technol. 2018, 8, 2928. DOI:10.1039/C8CY00253C
9. N.D. Shcherban. Review on synthesis, structure, physical and chemical properties and functional characteristics of porous silicon carbide // J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 2017, 50, 15. doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2017.02.002
10..E.V.Murzina, A. Tokarev, N.D. Shcherban, D. Yu. Murzin. Arabinogalactan hydrolysis and hydrolytic hydrogenation using functionalized carbon materials // Catal. Today. 2015, 257, 169. doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2014.07.019
11. N. D. Shcherban, P. S. Yaremov, V. G. Ilyin, M. V. Ovcharova. Influence of the method of activation on the structural and sorption properties of the products of carbonization of sucrose // J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis 2014, 10, 155-164. doi.org/10.1016/j.jaap.2014.02.016