| Olga V. Larina
Candidate of Chemical Sciences (Ph.D.), Research Scientist
Department of Catalytic Oxidative-Reductive Processes
Ukraine, 03028 Кyiv, prosp. Nauky, 31
Telephone: 38 (044) 525-62-22
– Processes of C2, 4-alcohols condensation with carbon chain elongation / to obtain 1,3-butadiene, 1-butanol and 2-ethyl-1-hexanol / and polyfunctional oxide and zeolite catalysts for the implementation of such processes;
– Bifunctional catalysts for the tandem process of C2, 4 bio-alcohol conversion into butenes of different structure.
|2013–2017||1st degree Engineer|
|2017–2018||Junior Research Scientist|
|2018– at present||Research Scientist|
Scientific and organizational activities
|from 2019||Scientific Secretary of the Department|
|from 2020||Member of the Council of Young Scientists of L.V. Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of NASU|
|from 2020||Member of the Council of Young Scientists of the Department of Chemistry of NASU|
– National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”, Technologies of Inorganic Substances Faculty (2012);
– Postgraduate study with a break from production (Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis) at L.V. Pisarzhevskii Institute of Physical Chemistry of NASU (2015);
– Candidate of Chemical Sciences (Ph.D.) in the specialty 02.00.15 – Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis, Ph.D. thesis “Effect of the composition of oxide MxOy-SiO2 (M = Mg, Zn, Zr, La) and zeolite Ta/SiBEA catalysts on their catalytic properties in the processes of ethanol conversion into 1,3-butadiene (in Ukrainian)”, supervisor – Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Prof. S.O. Soloviev (2017).
Scholarships and Scientific awards
– Scholarship of the President of Ukraine for Young Scientists (2018–2020);
– The Prize of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for Young Scientists for the series of scientific papers “New efficient nanostructured catalysts based on zeolites and carbon nanotubes for the conversion of alcohols and unsaturated hydrocarbons into valuable products of the chemical industry (in Ukrainian)” (together with Ph.D. I.B. Bychko, Ph.D. О.О. Zhokh) (2019);
– Scholarship of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for Young Scientists (from 2021).
– Grant of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for implementation of the research project of young scientists of NASU “Development of Zr, Sn-containing hierarchical porous zeolite catalysts for the production of asymmetric esters of 4-methoxybenzaldehyde and aliphatic alcohols” (2015–2016);
– Grant of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine to a research group of young scientists of NASU for research in priority areas of science and technology “Nanostructured catalysts for obtaining of valuable organic compounds via chemical and plasma-chemical activation of CO2 and renewable raw materials” (2018–2019);
– Grant of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine to a research laboratory of young scientists of NASU for research in priority areas of science and technology “New effective nanoscale catalysts for the production of valuable organic compounds from bio raw materials and products of its conversion” (2020–2021);
– Grants of the Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium (CERIC) for research at Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic, 2019–2020) and the National Institute of Chemistry (Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2018, 2020–2021).
– Ph.D. D.Yu. Balakin, Institute of Physics of NASU, Department of Adsorption Phenomena;
– Ph.D. Ivan Khalakhan, Ph.D. Katerina Veltruska, Charles University, Department of Surface and Plasma Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic;
– Assoc. Prof. Gregor Mali, Ph.D., National Institute of Chemistry, Department of Inorganic Chemistry and Technology, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Total number of publications: chapter in a collective English monograph, articles – 25, patents – 5.
List of selected publications
1. Larina, O.V.; Valihura, K.V.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Vlasenko, N.V.; Balakin, D.Y.; Khalakhan, I.; Veltruská, K.; Čendak, T.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M. Catalytic performance of ternary Mg-Al-Ce oxides for ethanol conversion into 1-butanol in a flow reactor. J. Fuel Chem. Technol. 2021, 49(3), 347–358. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1872-5813(21)60028-2
2. Larina, O.V.; Valihura, K.V.; Čendak, T. Effect of the cerium modification on acid–base properties of Mg–Al hydrotalcite-derived oxide system and catalytic performance in ethanol conversion. React. Kinet. Mech. Catal. 2021, 132(1), 359–378. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11144-020-01907-4
3. Kyriienko, P.I.; Larina, O.V.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M. Catalytic Conversion of Ethanol Into 1,3-Butadiene: Achievements and Prospects: A Review. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2020, 56(4), 213–242. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-020-09654-2
4. Larina, O.V.; Shcherban, N.D.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Remezovskyi, I.M.; Yaremov, P.S.; Khalakhan, I.; Mali, G.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M.; Dzwigaj, S. Design of Effective Catalysts Based on ZnLaZrSi Oxide Systems for Obtaining 1,3-Butadiene from Aqueous Ethanol. ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2020, 8(44), 16600–16611. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.0c05925
5. Larina, O.V.; Remezovskyi, I.M.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M. 1,3-Butadiene Production from Ethanol–Water Mixtures over Zn–La–Zr–Si Oxide Catalyst. React. Kinet. Mech. Catal. 2019, 127(2), 903–915. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11144-019-01618-5
6. Larina, O.V.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Balakin, D.Y.; Vorokhta, M.; Khalakhan, I.; Nychiporuk, Y.M.; Matolín, V.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M. The Effect of ZnO on Acid-Base Properties and Catalytic Performance of ZnO/ZrO2-SiO2 Catalysts in 1,3-Butadiene Production from Ethanol-Water Mixture. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2019, 9, 3964–3978. https://doi.org/10.1039/C9CY00991D
7. Larina, O.V.; Valihura, K.V; Kyriienko, P.I.; Vlasenko, N.V; Balakin, D.Y.; Khalakhan, I.; Čendak, T.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M. Successive Vapour Phase Guerbet Condensation of Ethanol and 1-Butanol over Mg-Al Oxide Catalysts in a Flow Reactor. Appl. Catal. A Gen. 2019, 588, 117265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2019.117265
8. Kurmach, M.M.; Larina, O.V.; Kyriienko, P.I.; Yaremov, P.S.; Trachevsky, V.V.; Shvets, O.V.; Soloviev, S.O. Hierarchical Zr-MTW Zeolites Doped with Copper as Catalysts of Ethanol Conversion into 1,3-Butadiene. ChemistrySelect 2018, 3(29), 8539–8546. https://doi.org/10.1002/slct.201801971
9. Kyriienko, P.I.; Larina, O.V.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M.; Calers, C.; Dzwigaj, S. Ethanol Conversion into 1,3-Butadiene by the Lebedev Method over MTaSiBEA Zeolites (M = Ag, Cu, Zn). ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng. 2017, 5(3), 2075–2083. https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.6b01728
10. Kyriienko, P.I.; Larina, O.V.; Popovych, N.O.; Soloviev, S.O.; Millot, Y.; Dzwigaj, S. Effect of the Niobium State on the Properties of NbSiBEA as Bifunctional Catalysts for Gas- and Liquid-Phase Tandem Processes. J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem. 2016, 424, 27−36. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcata.2016.06.024
11. Kyriienko, P.I.; Larina, O.V.; Soloviev, S.O.; Orlyk, S.M.; Dzwigaj, S. High Selectivity of TaSiBEA Zeolite Catalysts in 1,3- Butadiene Production from Ethanol and Acetaldehyde Mixture. Catal. Commun. 2016, 77, 123−126. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.catcom.2016.01.023