http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7139-2035; Scopus ID 55505802100
• 2011–2015 – PhD-student at the L.V. Pysarzhevsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine; have passed all candidate exams (Physical chemistry, English, Philosophy, Computer science and internet technology in research);
• 2010-2011 – Student at Chemical Technology Department of Kyiv National University of Technology and Design; obtained Master honors degree (specialty – technical electrochemistry; qualification – researcher-engineer); during education I got a higher scholarship.
• 2006-2010 – Student at Chemical Technology Department of Kyiv National University of Technology and Design; obtained Bachelor honors degree (specialty – technical electrochemistry; qualification – engineer); during education I got a higher scholarship.
In December 2019 received a Ph.D. in chemical sciences, defensed a thesis named “Structure and electrocatalytic properties of cobaltcontaining nanocomposites derived from conjugated polymers and graphene materials toward oxygen reduction process"
Co-author of 16 scientific articles (13 of them are indexed in the Scopus database), 2 patent of Ukraine for a utility model, 3 patents of Ukraine for invention and more than 40 abstracts of reports at national and international conferences.
• electrochemical technics (in aqueous and nonaqueous media) – CV, RDE, RRDE, DPV etc.;
• spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman, UV-vis, DLS, spectrophotometry);
• microscopy (AFM, TEM and SEM);
• XRD, XRF and XPS analysis;
• electrochemical synthesis of graphene materials and composites based on them; synthesis (chemical, electrochemical) of conducting polymers and composites based on them, electrocatalysis, electroanalysis, catalysis.
June 2011 – until now.
Place of work: L.V. Pysarzhevsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine.
Position: Researcher (from 01.10.2010 until now); Junior researcher (from 01.06.2020 until 30.09.2021); Leading engineer (from 01.02.2019 until 31.05.2020); engineer (from 01.07.2011 until 31.01.2019); technician (from 01.04.2010 until 30.06.2011 during study at university).
Responsibilities: search and analysis of scientific literature, maintaining of laboratory studies, preparation of reports and publications, participation in scientific conferences and seminars, purchasing of equipment and chemicals.
• September 2017 at Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry Polish academy of sciences (grant within the framework of scientific cooperation of Polish Academy of Sciences and National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine)
• Short-term internships at Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic):
1) 2019 – CERIC-ERIC proposal number 20192057 “Investigation of surface structure of Co-containing carbon nanocomposites";
2) 2020 – CERIC-ERIC proposal number20197047 “Investigation of active sites of Co-containing oxygen reduction/hydrogen evolution electrocatalysts";
3) 2021 (remotely) – CERIC-ERIC proposal number 20202088 “Investigation of structure of active sites in Co-N-C ORR-electrocatalysts".
Executant of the projects of National academy of sciences of Ukrine: ## 0114U000212, 0111U006370, 0111U008343, 0116U007190, 0114U001843 and other., as well as a part of young researchers group (grant №No 69-09/06-2020)
1) 2015 – Diploma for the best presentation and outstanding achievements in the young researchers poster session in section: Natural Sciences and Technology; The Humboldt-Kolleg of Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum & Polish Chemical Society “Ethics in Science and Life”. Torun, Poland. May 10-13, 2015;
2) 2017 – The second prize at the Yang Researchers’ Section Natural Sciences & Technology; International Conference/Humboldt-Kolleg “Limits of Knowledge”. Krakow, Poland. June 22-25 2017.
3) 2018 – The best oral presentation of young scientist at The VIII Ukrainian Congress of electrochemistry, Lviv, Ukraine,) June 4-7, 2018;
4) For high achievements of young scientist in science from October 2018 to October 2020 every month Applicant received a scholarship from the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
5) For high achievements of young scientist in science from November 2020 (for two years) every month Applicant receives a scholarship from the President of Ukraine.
6) For the joint work with M. Kurmach in 2020 O. Pariiska received the award of the Verhovna Rada of Ukraine for the young scientist.
7) For high achievements of young scientist in science in June 2021 O. Pariiska received the award of the Mayor of Kyiv.
– Dr. prof. V. Barsukov, Dr. V. Khomenko, Ph.D I. Senyk Сеник, Kyiv National university of technologies and Design, Kyiv, Ukraine;
– Dr. (dr. hab.) Marian Jaskula, Prof. dr. hab. Grzegorz Sulka, Jagiellonian University Department of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry, Krakow, Poland;
– Dr. Pawel Nowak, Ph.D. Michał Mosiałek, Electrochemistry group at Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland.
1. Olena Pariiska, Denys Mazur, Kostyantyn Cherchenko, Yaroslav Kurys, Vyacheslav Koshechko, Vitaly Pokhodenko. Efficient Co-N-C electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction derived from deep eutectic solvents. Electrochim. Acta 2021, under review
2. Vitalii M. Asaula,Volodymyr V. Buryanov, Bohdan Y. Solod, Daryna M. Tryus, Olena O. Pariiska, Igor E. Kotenko, Yulian M. Volovenko, Dmitriy M. Volochnyuk, Sergey V. Ryabukhin, Sergey Kolotilov. Catalytic hydrogenation of substituted quinolines on Co-graphene composites. EuroJOC 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/ejoc.202101311
3. Olena Pariiska, Denys Mazur, Yaroslav Kurys, Robert Socha, Vyacheslav Koshechko & Vitaly Pokhodenko. Poly-5-aminoindole and graphene-like materials derived bifunctional Co–N-C electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction and hydrogen evolution. J. Solid State Electrochem. 2021, 25, 2309–2319. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10008-021-05009-6
4. V. M. Asaula, O. V. Shvets, O. O. Pariiska, V. V. Bur’yanov, S. V. Ryabukhin, D. M. Volochnyuk, S. V. Kolotilov. Composites Based on Nanodispersed Nickel, Graphene-Like Carbon, and Aerosil for Catalytic Hydrogenation of Furfural and Quinoline. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2020, 56 (4), 261–267. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-020-09657-z
5. Ya. I. Kurys, O. O. Pariiska, D. O. Mazur, K. S. Gavrilenko, V. G. Koshechko & V. D. Pokhodenko. Electrochemical Synthesis of Multilayered Graphene and Its Use in Co–N–C Electrocatalysts of Oxygen Reduction and Hydrogen Evolution. Russ. J. Electrochem. 2020, 56(4), 271–284. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1023193520040072
6. Pariiska, O.O., Mazur, D.O., Kurys, Y.I., Koshechko, V.G., Pokhodenko, V.D. Effect of the Formation Conditions on the Activity of Co-N-C Electrocatalysts Derived from Poly-m-Phenylenediamine in the Reduction of Oxygen. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2019, 54(6), 386–394. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-019-09585-7
7. Mazur, D., Pariiska, O., Kurys, Y. Co-N-C electrocatalysts derived from nitrogen containing conjugated polymers for hydrogen evolution. Mater. Today: Proc. 2019, 6, 73–78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2018.10.077
8. Ustavytska, O., Kurys, Y., Koshechko, V., Pokhodenko, V. One-Step Electrochemical Preparation of Multilayer Graphene Functionalized with Nitrogen. Nanoscale Res. Lett. 2017, 12:175. https://doi.org/10.1186/s11671-017-1957-4
9. Kurys, Ya.I., Ustavytska, O.O., Koshechko, V.G., Pokhodenko, V.D. Structure and electrochemical properties of multilayer graphene prepared by electrochemical exfoliation of graphite in the presence of benzoate ions. RSC Adv. 2016, 6(42), 36050–36057. https://doi.org/10.1039/C6RA02619B
10. Kurys, Y.I., Ustavytska, O.O., Mazur, D.O., Koshechko, V.G., Pokhodenko, V.D. Oxygen Reduction Nanocomposite Electrocatalysts Based on Polyindole, Cobalt, and Acetylene Black. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2015, 50(6), 371–377. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-015-9390-1
11. Ustavytska, O., Kurys, Y. Electrocatalytic Properties of Composite Films Based on Conjugated Polymers with Electrochemically Reduced Graphene Oxide. Mater. Today: Proc. 2015, 2(6), 3874–3878. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2015.08.007
12. Kurys, Y.I., Ustavytska, O.O., Koshechko, V.G., Pokhodenko, V.D. Non-precious Metal Oxygen Reduction Nanocomposite Electrocatalysts Based on Poly(phenylenediamines) with Cobalt. Electrocatalysis 2015, 6(1), 117–125. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12678-014-0229-7
13. N. S. Andryushina, A. L. Stroyuk, O. O. Ustavytska, Ya. I. Kurys, S. Ya. Kuchmy, V. G. Koshechko, V. D. Pokhodenko. Graphene Oxide Composites with Silver Nanoparticles: Photochemical Formation and Electrocatalytic Activity in the Oxidation of Methanol and Formaldehyde. Theor. Exp. Chem. 2014, 50, 155–161. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11237-014-9359-5
14. Ya. I. Kurys, O. S. Dodon, O. O. Ustavytska, V. G. Koshechko, V. D. Pokhodenko. Electrocatalytic properties of nanocomposites based on conducting polymers and titanium dioxide in oxygen reduction process. Russ. J. Electrochem. 2012, 48, 1058–1064. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1023193512110092